I made it.....(9-6-09)

I made it, just barely. I entered into Stone Accents Studios 'Next SAS-y Lady' Contest earlier this week and have been working diligently on putting my entry together in order to get it submitted on time. Today was the deadline for having entries in for round 1. You know me and deadlines. I always come dragging in at the very last minute, pulling up the rear. LOL. I wish I could organize my time better, but it just never seems to work in my favor.

I absolutely loved the color palette. It felt very Vintage/Heritage to me, so I went with a Victorian Theme for my entry. Here is a preview of the mini kit I put together for the competition, titled 'Vintage Dreams'.


All of the elements are hand created by me, the only CU items used were the ribbon tails on the fan and the string on the tag. No scripts, actions or other CU items were used to create any part of this kit. Just me and my imagination.

It was a great learning experience for me. I figured out how to do a lot of interesting effects while I was playing. I also found a lot of files and features in my program's software that I didn't know was there before. I learned how to make some really kewl new effects and how to texture papers a better way. I think my papers turned out better this time than they ever have before. I had so much fun and am very excited. I have lots of playing to do. I am even thinking about scripting the fan and making it a CU item for download. That is how generous I am feeling.

Of course, you know what that means for you. With the entries submitted and voting taking place, it means tons of freebies for you to download, and there are a lot of wonderful kits to grab.
Be sure to check out all of the kits in the SAS Designer Competition.

While you are there, don't forget to vote. You need to be a member of SAS or register in the forums in order to vote. You can vote for up to 3 favorites, just make sure that you select all 3 before clicking on the submit button, you can only vote once and voting ends at midnight on Sept. 9th.

Go here to register- http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/
Go here to view and download all of the wonderful kits- http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...ry.php?cat=964
and go here to vote for your 3 favorites- http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...ead.php?t=5782

Also, much to my surprise, I was checking the links, verifying I had them correct, when I saw that Tracy of Ambowife Designs created a layout with my kit. Thank you so much Tracy. What a wonderful surprise, and a stunning layout. Muah. You can check it out in the gallery by clicking on the link, Great Grandmother. I hope that I get a few votes in the next couple days, I don't have any right now. *sniff* Seriously, if you think that my entry deserves it, I hope you will vote for me. Thank you.

I also wanted to let you know that I created soooo many papers and extra elements that couldn't be included in the mini kit, I am putting together an add on freebie for you all. Check back in the next couple of days for the rest of the kit. I am hoping that you will like it.

Okay, I am off to bed now. I was up all night last night putting on the finishing touches, zipping files and uploading everything. Time for me to get some rest. Have fun and have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. TTFN.

1 comment:

Debra Moore said...

Just stopping bye to wish you good luck in the SaS-Y contest!
Huggers
Debbie
(Beckmoore)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online