It's the Day After Christmas....

And all through the house,
Not a creature is stirring,
Not even the mice....
And God only knows how many of them there are now, I haven't had a chance to count the new additions, yet. A day late and a dollar short, as always. So Brandon's snake will get her Christmas present a day late.

I am soooo glad that Christmas is finally over with. I don't want to sound like a scrooge, but Christmas this year was very lean and I have been battling depression because of it for days now. I have been trying to make an attempt, but it has been difficult. Money has been very short this season. Mike didn't get his paycheck until the day before Christmas Eve and my child support didn't come in until Christmas Day. Makes it even more difficult that we were blanketed under 6 inches of snow on Christmas Eve and driving was hazardous, at best. But, we got through it and had a really good day. My son and his new girlfriend came over and spent the day with us, which was nice.

Santa was very wonderful to me and gifted me with my new external hard drive and a Bowdabra. I am soo excited. Only Walgreens was open yesterday, but all of their Christmas items were 50% off, so I bought some Christmas ribbon to make bows out of with my new toy. LOL.

Okay, let's see, what has been going on lately. I finished 4 more scrubs for Jessica, just in time for Christmas. Cut out 18 placemats for Christmas and got 4 of them quilted, for next year. Knit 2 dog sweaters for the babies, one blue for Rico and one pink for Roxy. Started sewing some boxers for the boys, but haven't finished yet.

During this time, I have also been running around like a chicken with my head cut off following every lead we get all over the Valley trying to find Sam and bring him safely back home, to no avail. He has been missing since Dec. 4th. Hope is running out that we will ever be able to find him and get him back, which isn't helping with the depression. I keep getting responses to my ads and get my hopes up that it will be him, only to be let down when it isn't. Not going to go into that with anymore detail, 'cause it will just upset me and set me off to crying again, and I don't want to do that right now. Going to try to be as positive as possible.

Hopefully, here in the next few days, I will be able to devote more time on the computer and get all of the things done that I have been wanting to do. I have lots of special things planned and in the works, just have not had the time to get them accomplished, but I will let everyone know when I do finally.

I have to run right now, and venture out into the great white slippery world to buy a new tank for the mice, so that I can get them moved and maybe find out how many new arrivals we have.

I will try to post a little later today. I have also signed up with another blog train, this one is the Winter Convoy. I already have some items made up for it, ones that I did not include in the Holly Jolly kit. That is why I have not posted another freebie, yet. I am holding on to them until the Winter Convoy goes live in January. I am also thinking about joining in the Valentine's Convoy, but we will see. Depends on how long it takes me to get this next kit together. I also have to get busy on getting my CU items completed and posted.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has visited my little blog and downloaded my portion of the Holly Jolly blog train, and all of the wonderful comments everyone left. I really appreciate it. It has really helped. Words are failing me right now, so I will just say thank you very much to everyone and I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year.

Time for me to go, teenagers are getting antsy and becoming pests. They want to go and run around town, so you know what that means, mom's taxi is in service again, lol. TTFN and everyone take care. Hugs to all.

1 comment:

suruha said...

I sure can relate to your December, Sweetie. I loathe Christmas. There, I said it. I hate the crunch it puts on me to deliver. I have always had a hard time with the holidays. My birthday is two days before Christmas. There's never enough money. Every thing you see and hear is all about spending to have a merry day. Bah!

But, you know what, we don't remember how poor our folks were at this time. We remember the good. So will our children. We can only do what we can do. It isn't easy. But, a smile for our loved ones and a chance to see everyone together is worth it.

It's behind us for another year. In that time we will get over this holiday and hope like heck that we'll be able to cope next year. LOL

A friend and fan of your site,

Su

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online