News and Updates

I figured I had better hurry up and post something, before everyone thinks that I have disappeared. Life has been hectic and chaotic for us once again, or should I say, still. I am trying hard to fight the negativity around me, but it gets difficult at times. Mike's mom had to spend the day in the ER day before yesterday and spent the night in the hospital under observation.

She has congestive heart failure and every once in a while, her heart will go out of rhythm. This time was the worst it has ever been. She has what is called Atrial Fibrillation, where the electrical impulses to the heart will get mixed up and cause her heart to beat out of sequence. Kind of feels like a mild heart attack and is brought on by stress. I am thinking that it was brought on because she recently went in and had her annual mammogram and they called her and wanted her to come back in to repeat it and do an ultrasound, all without telling her why. I think she stressed herself out about it and brought on this latest episode. I can't blame her though, under the circumstances.

Chelcey is staying with her until Saturday or Sunday to keep an eye on her and make sure she settles down and takes it easy and doesn't do anything she isn't supposed to. Chelcey is her home health nurse and has all of her qualifications and requirements under her belt. She knows what to watch for and to contact me ASAP if something comes up and needs my attention right away, so I am not too worried unless I get a call. Chelcey is the 3rd generation of nurses in our family, Mike's mom, me and now her. With her there keeping an eye on mom, I should be able to concentrate and focus on getting some other things done around the house now.

I was gone all day Tuesday and was up until about 7 am Wednesday. I slept for a couple of hours, until mom called to say she was ready to go home. I was up the rest of the day yesterday, but just didn't get much done. The kitchen was yelling at me with dishes piled high, the laundry was screaming at me and my computer was whining. It took me most of the day yesterday to wade through all of my emails and send replies, etc. The kitchen is no longer mad at me, I did 3 loads of dishes this morning and made a dent in the laundry pile in the wash room, so I feel a little better about that.

The worst part is that I have not had a chance to work on all of my projects and get them finished. I started working on the preview for the Holly Jolly Add On, then I couldn't find my Mura's Cylinders filter. Once I found it and started working on the preview, PSP died on me and shut down, so now I will have to start all over again. And I was hoping to have it finished and posted by tonight. It doesn't look like that is going to happen, though. Hopefully, I will have it done, zipped and uploaded to 4shared tomorrow morning. The other parts of Holly Jolly that I wanted to do are just going to have to go bye-bye. I have the Winter Convoy and Valentine's Convoy coming up and need to start working on them, along with everything else, so it just isn't going to work out. I also have lots of CT layouts to get done and a bunch of Brag Books and Bracket Albums to make for the Winter and Valentines Convoys. Busy, busy, busy.

In other news, I went to my Arthritis doctor's appt. on Monday and found out some good news. It seems I do not have Rheumatoid Arthritis after all, but fibromyalgia. It also explains the tiredness, lack of concentration, memory loss, pain and fatigue of the last few months. No new drugs to take either, it is cured with exercise. I wasn't excited at first, but have done 5 minutes a day on the recumbant bike we have here at home, and it actually helps. A few more days to a week and I should be getting back to my old self, I hope. It will be an improvement, anyway.

Alright, enough of my blather for right now. I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on and why I haven't been around lately. I am really going to try to get some things finished up by the morning or early in the morning and get it posted for everyone. So I am going to take off and try to get some more work done before I hang it up for the night and go to bed. Night all. TTFN.



blogger templates | Make Money Online