Introduction

I guess before I get started too much further, I should tell a little more about myself and who I am.
I am a 40 year old full-time stay at home wife and mother of 3 children, teenagers actually. I also have a step-son from my first marriage who is turning 30 next month. He has blessed us with 4 grandsons. My oldest, Chelcey, just turned 20 this week. Anthony is going to be 19 in December and is a senior in high school. Brandon will be 18 in April, yeah.
We still have 2 of them living at home, but empty nest syndrome is starting to kick in. My husband, Mike, and I are looking forward to peace and quiet and maybe some traveling. But for now, I surf the internet and scrap. Unfortunately, that is about all I can do anymore. I left the work force about 6 months ago due to medical reasons, but SSI does not feel that my condition limits me from working. What can I say, their rules.
Anyway, I like to fish, go camping, boating, hunting, 4-wheeling, anything outdoors. Therefore, I have lots of amunition for scrapping, when I remember to pack the camera along with everything else. Oh, and batteries, too. Can't go anywhere without those. LOL
Other than that, I am a pretty down to earth type of person. I try to have a sense of humor about everything, cause when adversity strikes, what else are you going to do? We live in a house ruled by Chaos. We don't qualify for Murphy's Law. I quess when you have 3 teenagers, and all of their friends, 3 dogs and 4 cats in one house, you would qualify for Chaos Theory. LOL.
We generally have at least 5 young adults in our house at any given time. And they all call Mike and I mom and dad. We take in all of the neighborhood strays. Not meant in a bad way either. I can not understand how some parents these days can turn their kids loose and ignore them. Don't mean to rant, just one of my pet peaves. I quess that is why they like to come to our house, because Mike and I have such a good relationship with our children, that they can come here and get what they can't at their own homes. Sad in a way.
Anyway, that is pretty much me in a nutshell, now on to the good stuff.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online