Update from the Chaos Front - originally posted Oct 1st


Dear Hubby Shoveling Water LOL

Ankle Deep in Water

The Culprit

Okay, I think the worst of the damage is over with. It is now 2 am and things are finally starting to settle down after our little adventure. Poor DH has to get up in 3 hours and try to go to work and DD has to get up in 6 hours in order for her to go to work. So, guess who gets to stay up for the rest of the night working on laundry and mopping up the rest of the disaster? You got it, me. I was working on the computer, multi-tasking again, when our Britney, 'Lilah started making some funny noises behind me. I tried to sush her quietly without waking up DH in bed sleeping. It is funny how the mind works in slow motion sometimes when you think back on it. I had turned to pick up a sock and throw it at the dog to make her stop fussing, when, in the back of my mind, I noticed that the sock I was throwing was sopping wet. I started wondering why the sock was so wet, when I noticed a puddle of water on the floor and water creeping across the floor towards me.

Then the brain suddenly kicked in and I realized we were in the beginning stages of a flood. All at the same time, I am wondering where all of this water is coming from. Did I leave the sprinklers on again? No, haven't turned the sprinklers on in days because of all of the rain lately. Okay, think. The neighbors? They had their sprinklers running for a while.

All of this is running through my mind as I am frantically waking my husband up to tell him what is going on and pulling electrical cords out of sockets and powering everything down. So much for trying to be quiet and not wake him up, right.

Well, anyway, I ran around for about 20 minutes trying to find out where R2-D2 got stashed away this time, after we ran outside into the front yard to find out what was going on. Come to find out, the sprinkler main at the side of the house burst. We were ankle deep in water in the front yard and had about 2 feet of water pooled up in the window sills of the basement. Lovely.

I finally found R2-D2 and got him plugged in and hooked up and started sucking water out of the window sills. I never thought I would fall in love with a shop vac, but believe me, he was a life saver tonight. I think we averted a disaster in time. It could have been so much worse in the long run. We are almost dried completely out at this point. Just need to mop up all of the laundry that got soaked and all of the towels that we threw on the floor trying to sop up all of the water. Just another adventure in the land of Chaos.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online